Thursday, August 05, 2004

Surgery

Well my sugery is finally over. They removed the lump from my flank, just over where my kidney should be on the left side but there isn't a kidney there either. The surgeon said the growth was much larger than he expected, about the size of a football. The procedure took 2 hours. I wasn't expecting full anesthesia, even now a week later my throat is sore from the airway they used. Now the waiting game until I get the report from the lab.

It's been a slow recovery. I had hoped I would just jump right back into my training, however I have been rather tired and it is hard to get back to the same levels. Here what I've done so far this week of course swimming is out for now:

  • Monday Run Goal 5 miles Actual 3 miles
  • Tuesday Ride Goal 25 miles Actual 18 miles
  • Wednesday Run Goal 7 miles Actual 3.5 miles
  • Thursday Ride Goal 25 miles Actual 15 miles

Today while riding my rear derailer was skipping so it's into the bike shop today. I hope I can get it done and back by the weekend which is suppose to be a long ride.