Monday, August 30, 2004

They're back


Today it took me 1 hr 19 min to go the 19 miles to work. Between the construction on 41 and the tourists it was bumper to bumper traffic. Ugh! I guess season is starting early.

I did get to ride on Sunday even though I was tired from golf on Saturday (see below). Tony and I rode 30 miles with and ave pace of 17 mph. We did the Coconut Point ride and of course we stopped at Pelican Landing for a snack and to watch the boats. I was quite tired and was happy when the ride was over. I did feel guilty however since Tony went on to do 40 miles.

Here are the totals for the week.

Bike 92 miles

Run 13 miles

I still haven't got back into the groove since my surgery. I need to find time to swim.

Goals for the week:

Bike 125 miles
Run 25 miles
Swim 3,000 yards

Today I rode with Tony. We had a turtle cross the road in front of us...well he was sitting in the road. We stopped and carried him to the other side (good Karma). We were stopped by another cyclist. He wanted to know if he could join us. We told him yes but then after Tony and I rode away we realized this guy was about 25 and real fit. As slow as we go he may not want to ride with us or we may regret inviting him to join us.

WEATHER

SKY: Clear - bright sun
TEMP: 79
HUMIDITY: 90%
WINDS: Calm

TRAINING
Course: Pelican Sound Loop
Distance: 25 miles
Ave Speed: 16.0 mph
Max Speed: 24.1
Ave HR 122
Time in Zone 3: 52:30
Ave HR in Zone 3: 133
Overall time: 1:22:08










Posted by Hello