Thursday, August 05, 2004

Lunch at LBS

I took my bike to the LBS (local bike shop) at lunch. The mechanic was able to put it right on the stand. The skipping of the gear was from a link in the chain not being flexible. With some lube and a little assist from the pliers it was back to working order. He explained the fine art of degreasing the chain and relubing it. It seems I should be lubing more and degreasing lease. Go figure.

I did get a nice email from the Director of Marketing for Quintanna Roo/Lightspeed. I had writen an email to him regarding my rusty chain. He suggested I lube more. Here's his email:


  • Nelson,
    Thanks for your email and am glad to hear that you are happy with your bike, other than the rusty chain. It is tough for me to say something specific without seeing it, but the smartest thing here is to take it to the retailer who can then make an assessment as to whether this is regular wear and tear or whether this is truly excessive.(some regions close to saltwater and high humidity unfortunately aid in the corrosion process) The retailer will then communicate with our customer service department.
    As for the best maintenance, I really re-lube my bike very often and degrease it actually less. (Chattanooga is very humid aswell)
    I hope this finds you well.
    Herbert
    Director of MarketingQR/Litespeed

Thanks for writing back Herbert.... may I have a QR Tequilo Jersey...they look real nice.

  • Thanks Herbert Krabel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »