Inquiring minds want to know.....
So I went to the brain surgeon yesterday. Even with calling ahead to check on the waiting time in the waiting room I still had to wait 90 minutes to see him.
The answer is...well we don't know what it is.
THE GOOD NEWS
1. we are pretty sure it's not growing... but we will check again in 3 months.
2. we are pretty sure it is not an AVM all though it looks like an AVM but with the MRA it doesn't have a blood supply...so no AVM..we think.
3. we are pretty sure it is a cyst but it doesn't have a regular shape, actually it looks like a collection of holes in the brain kinda like an AVM, it doesn't appear to have fluid in it....just a hole
4. we are pretty sure it is not pushing on any sections of the brain...but it might be.
5. we are pretty sure it is not cancer, it didn't "light-up" on the pet scan but it could still be a slow growing giloma or the beginning of a melanoma...we will test again in 3 months.
6. we are pretty sure it's been there a long time perhaps all your life, but we are not sure.
So let me get this straight, it's not cancer, not an avm, not a tumor, it could be a cyst but it doesn't have fluid or shape.... right! It's just weird!
THE BAD NEWS
1. we think you should just leave it alone and watch it. we will test again in 3 months.
2. biopsy would be bad news since it doesn't have a regular shape and is in a hard to work on area of the brain.
3. removal would probly be impossile because it has no regular shape and brain tissue would be removed as well.
4. it might be the beginning of a giloma or melanoma...we will test in 3 months.
But what about the headaches, dizzy spells, ringing in the ears, stiff neck, etc...
we don't think it is coming from this.... so let's see a neurologist. It's just weird.
So April 18th another doctor.