Thursday, September 09, 2004

Thursday's Run

I have had a headache for two days now. Since I didn't sleep well and the headache was still on, I didn't feel like running. I did manage to do 3 miles at 9:41 pace...But not the 7 I had hoped.

I just finished Chris Carmichael's book "Food fo Fitness". It has made me question if I am eating enough to support my training. He recommends a balanced diet but high in carbs, which is what I believe. I don't see the need to push protein to the exclusion of carbs. Carmichael recommends arranging your eating to complement your training schedule. If you are in Base Building Stage you should have a nutrition plan that is the same balancing calorie intake with out put but also matching carbs, fat, etc.... It does require some thought and planning to your meals and eating throughout the day. Carmichael is high on Carbs and suggests using a carb loaded drink during exercise... his own I guess. Well we shall see if it works. I'm going to try to increase gradually my intake but still lose 1 lb a week.

They have been paining our offices. Perhaps that is the source of my headache!


No comments: