Monday, September 13, 2004

Missed Ivan

Ivan was suppose to be here today but it looks like he will be moving west of us by about 200 miles. Ivan will not be missed! I was able to get a 25 mile ride in today and since I thought Ivan would ruin my ride, I was happy to get it in. Now all those people who boarded up their homes will be able to take down the boards.

Saturday I swam at the pool folowed by a run. I felt like I was getting into a good stroke when it was time to turn around. I guess it's time to go to the big pool at the college. The pool at FGCU is 100 meters.

Sunday's ride was quite a disaster! Tony noticed my rear tire was soft at 12 miles even though I had pumped it up before leaving the house. So it was back to the house where I found the stem was leaking. As I took the rear wheel off to change the tube, I found the rear brake was "frozen". I had been riding with the brake on for I don't know how long. After putting the new tube in Tony and I worked on the brake. Then the cable broke. So off we went to finish our ride but I have no rear brake. At 20 miles Tony got stung on his stomach by a bee. Then about 2 miles later, a bee got into my helmet and I got stung on the head! Then at 25 miles on the straight section where we try to go fast as we can, I got dropped from Tony's wheel lost my concentration and rode off the road. Fortunately, I was able to maintain control and get back on the road but I was upset at myself. Tomorrow I have to take the bike to the shop, they're closed mondays.

Here are this weeks totals:

Bike: 105 miles
Run 20 miles
Swim 3,000 yds

I got weighted Saturday as well and I lost another 2 lbs. Only 30 more to go!

No comments: