Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Still Alive and Kicking

Just a quickie.... no Bolder not that.... A quickie update to let everyone know I'm OK. I have been very busy at work, this is our busy time reconciling accounts, sending out statements and bills so I have been swamped!

Quickie Highlights:

Friday - I road 25 miles in the morning, swam at lunch and went to the club for cocktails (yes the feathers do get caught in my teeth) then home for early bed.

Saturday - Tour de Cape century - I awoke to wind and rain but went to Cape Coral anyway for the Tour. By the time I got there it was no longer raining just windy. It was a brutal day riding into the wind etc... I thought about doing the 62 miler but hung in there for the 100 miles 5 hrs 32 min...of pure torture. (yes I had one stop for fuel and pottie). It was a well supported ride but alot of people didn't show due to the wind. What are you going to do in the wind at Kona not show up?

Sunday - rest day I did have J over for dinner - Carrot Ginger Soup, Oldman Bread, Spinach Quiche, Salad and Cream Brulee all of which I served with some Stagg's Leap chardonnay. Hey I can still cook.

Monday - of course MLK Day so I worked like a slave around my house washing windows and doing winter house cleanning. I did manage a 15 mile ride.

Tuesday - run day before work and it was a great run of 7 miles. I went to the weight room afterwork. Couldn't swim had to work thru lunch.

Today - rain and cold and rain but I rode anyway in the rain 20 miles, I just couldn't do the last 5 since I was wet and cold. I'm hoping that it is warm enough to swim at lunch time (open air pools in FL).

14 comments:

Holly said...

:) Glad to hear you doing well! Way to go on the Rainy Century and you cooked the next night? Your skilled Oldman!!

Fe-lady said...

You are an ANIMAL! (Especially impressed with the 100 mile bike time in adverse conditions!) Cool...did you buy the $12,000 one? :-)

Oldman said...

holly: I love to cook so it is no big deal to cook even though i'm tired.

Linda said...

Good man, hope J is a woman!

Deene said...

windy + Century = you rock!
mmm, spinach quiche sounds delish.

Nancy Toby said...

Way to go on the century! Ride ride ride!

soccerdad said...

100 miles into the wind! that's awesome. i HATE wind. i'd rather have heat, humidity, or hills, but wind... ::shudder::

Comm's said...

again I say, you are so motivating to me.

Unknown said...

Great job on the century ride. I do not get to hear much about biking so it is interesting to hear the time it takes and what is normal and all of that. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

"Monday - of course MLK Day so I worked like a slave around my house...."

*sigh*

Ellie Hamilton said...

Can I have lunch at your house?

Heather said...

That dinner sounds absolutely fabulous. Num, num.

Bolder said...

nice job on the century dude!

(too bad about the quickie though, hope springs eternal!)

was this your first long ride in the Speedplays? how did it go??

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... moms mature naked Leap chair Memory babe + nicosia