I was tagged by Donald to reveal five random facts about myself. This is the 21st century version of those old chain letters, right? I'm fearful that something horrible will happen to me if I don't comply.
so here are 5 ahhh random facts about me.
1. I'm a factory defect and there was a recall on me but my parents failed to take me back to the dealership to get fixed.... I was born with one kidney. I'm missing my left kidney but my right kidney is twice as large as a normal persons kidney.
2. My grandparents grew up on the Leni-Lenape Indian reservation in New Jersey (Shamong Township) and were first cousins when they married hence the factory defect in #1.
3. My parents were very disappointed when I didn't go to the Naval Academy like my cousins but it was the Vietnam war and I was a factory defect (see #1) which kept me out of the Academy and the war.
4. To further my parents disappointment, I went to a Bible College and Seminary and was an ordained minister serving as a missionary for 20 years. They never attended any of my graduations, ordination or commissioning as a missionary.
5. My wife, in 1995, of 25 years ran off with her boyfriend. I was divorced on Valentines day of the 25th year of our marriage. After the Judge pronounced us divorced my then ex-wife asked me if I would perform the wedding ceremony for her and her boyfriend since they couldn't find a minister to do the wedding. I told them NO!
6. I moved to Florida after taking care of both of my parents until their deaths (Yup I'm an orphan), Mom with Alzhiemers (see #2 above) and Dad with COPD. I then decided to move to Florida.
7. After moving to Florida I met some one and proposed then I was diagnosed with melanoma (fast growing cancer). My fiance broke of the engagement due to the cancer and then I was diagnosed with a brain tumor in my left frontal lobes. The cancer has been removed (4 surgeries) and I'm cancer free but the tumor is in-operable because of it's location...So I get headaches, dizzy spells, ringing in the ears, blurry vision etc. The docs don't want me to live alone, but if they take it out it would be like a frontal lobotomy.
8. I had a racing sailboat that I loved and still love to this day. So days when I get depressed, I miss her more than my ex-wife or fiance. I think about buying a new boat to sail alone around the world like Joshua Slocum. But I want to see my grandchildren and do Ironman Kona.
9. I love trainning more that races, especially riding my bike. My times open water swimming are some of the best time here in Florida because of the water and the beaches.
10. I can't think of a 10!
Depressing huh? Aren't you glad you asked?