Saturday, January 19, 2013

Oldman's Famous Sourdough Pancakes

I wanted a hearty breakfast today before the Naples Half Marathon
tomorrow. I decided to make sourdough pancakes.




I also took some fresh Florida strawberries and reduced them in some
orange liquor, lemon juice and sugar.



To finish it off with Canadian bacon, fresh cantaloupe with yogurt
and a shot of tomato juice (spicy of course).




Since I had a few leftover pancakes, I did a microwave egg to top the leftovers.




Here's the recipe

Oldman's Famous Quick Sourdough Pancakes with Strawberries


For the strawberries
1/2 pint of strawberries cut into pieces
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbs sugar
Splash of orange liquor

Bring all the ingredients to boil in a small sauce pan until thick. Keep warm.

For the pancakes

Ingredients
1 cup sourdough starter
1 cup flour
2 t sugar
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
2 eggs
3/4 c milk
2 tbs melted butter
1 vanilla


Mix the dry ingredients then add eggs one at a time mixing until each is incorporated.  Add milk, melted butter, vanilla  cook on griddle 45 sec. Top with reduced strawberries.


Tomorrow is the big race. My goal is 2:15.







No comments: