Wednesday, January 02, 2013

New Year New Goals


WOD

I've been a slacker for the last 10 days so today was an easy day to get back in shape.

AM
25 Push-Up x 3
15 Walking Lunges x3
5 Burpees x 3
11 mile easy bike
Stretching - hammies, quads, achilles, etc. 
PM
2.5 mile run to pool
Swim 1 hr - 5 laps freestyle up/ breaststroke back, 5 laps - freestyle, 5 laps w fins 5 lapsw fins + paddles, 5 laps kick board, 5 laps w fins, 10 laps freestyle cool down
2.5 mile run home


Today's workout, I've been a slacker for the last 10 days, was an easy 10 mile bike to get my legs back in shape.Ill swim in the afternoon, hopefully the water will be 78*.

GOALS
Since this is a new year, like everyone I have a few goals:

Races

I have several races I want to do including the Naples Half on Jan 20th, the Hooters Half in March and the Ironman 70.3 in Orlando ( Haines City) in May 19th. I am thinking about doing St Anthony's tri (International Distance) April 28th in St Pete's as a warm up to the half iron.

One of my goals for the Naples Half is to PR. The winner of my AG last year finished in 1:20 so being in the top 10 of my AG is out.

Training

So with the above I start my half Ironman training right after the Naples Half. It looks pretty much like 2 workouts a day except Sundays which will be a long ride.

Weight

Hopefully I can lose a few pounds. Last year I lost 35 lbs. so I'm now 185. I want to loose 15 more by the half Ironman.




No comments: