Friday, March 11, 2005

Good Week Training

It has been a good week here in Lake... Oh that's another story. I've had a good week training, which usually means a bad week is coming. Monday was a ride day with Tony, he was back from sin city. We did our Monday 25 miles. I felt pretty good at the end.

On Tuesday, a run day, I ran in a light rain. Of course I wore long tights, long shirt, a jacket and hat...It was one of those cold Florida mornings (42*). I was able to do 8 miles at a 10 minute per mile pace.

Wednesday, a ride day, it was raining cats and dogs! It was raining to hard to take the "Steel Monster" with her fat tires for a spin soooo it was off to the fitness center for a ride on the stationary bike. I rode for 50 minutes, that's all of the mindless spinning I could do. Since it is different that a real bike, my muscles were a little sore. I guess it's good to use those different muscles from time to time.

Thursday, another run day, it was clear and cool so with long sleeve shirt and shorts I ran 7 miles in 74 minutes. I guess I need the colder weather to go 8 miles. Tony called me on my cell on the way to the office to tell me he was sick and wouldn't be out on Friday and Sunday's LSD ride was up in the air.

Friday I found a flat tire on Roo. This is the 4th flat since Jan 1! I couldn't get air into the tube so I'm wondering if I'm doing something with the pump when I pump up the tires each day. So I changed the tube and was out the door for a 20 mile ride. I wanted to do 25 but I would have been late to the office.

The weekend plans are 12 mile run on Saturday should be about 2 hours. On Sunday I'm planning on a 60 mile ride, hopefully Tony will be able to ride. ]

Next week I'm going to start swimming again! Whoahooo! My suregery site on my back is healed enough that I think I can start swimming. I wonder how long it will take to be able to do 1/2 mile with out stopping.