Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Elephant Dreadmill


Well I don't like dreadmills and neither does Maggie a 23 year-old African elephant who lives at the Anchorage Zoo. Her keepers built her this elephant dreadmill to help her get some training in for this summer's road races. Here is the full story in the National Geographic.

Today is a run day for me but no dreadmill. It was a cold cold morning run, 48* ugh. Well I guess it is better than the 70* and humid weather that Naples is having. I ran through the Haverford campus and I'm amazed at the beautiful buildings and grounds. I wound up doing 7 miles. I'm going to try to swim at lunch time. This will be my first official Oldman at the Y swim.

3 comments:

Jank said...

Wait - I don't see her iPod...

Enjoy the Y!

Linda said...

48* is NICE to run in! I'll trade you, we've been 80* lately.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Projectors q plasma tvs Cleaner magazine vacuum which compact refrigerator Norton antivirus v2005 Fast hard money la mesa california ca disney cruise line ship pictures American express corporate credit card inquires gay latin blowjob Marini dell'antenna della tv Residental interior designer