Monday, November 01, 2004

Swimming with Dolphins

I went to St. Pete Beach Thursday thru Saturday. I was able to run before I left on Thrusday but I missed my ride on Friday, instead I swam 1/2 mile in the open gulf off St. Pete Beach. While swimming I stopped to adjust my goggles and there was 3 dolphins about 10 ft away! How kewl is that? I guess they were wondering about this old guy swimming or maybe there were keeping the sharks away.

In the afternoon I went to register for the Suncoast Triathlon to be held Saturday at Ft. DeSoto. It was a limited sprint triathlon for 300 athletes. With USTA registration and race registration it was $90. Since I would probably finish dead last I decided to save the $90.

Saturday which was suppose to be my race, I took a long ride along the beach at St. Pete Beach down to Pass-A-Grille and then over the bridge toward Ft. DeSoto. At about 20 miles from the hotel, I picked up a screw in my rear tire. Yup another flat tire one of three in four weeks! UGH. I tired to patch it but ended up putting in a new tube. After changing the tire, I headed back. On the way I saw a pack of roadies (about 20) and not one waved to me on my tri-bike. Snobs?

Tony and I did our usual Sunday ride to Coconut point and back. I got my 50 miles but I was tired.

Weakly Totals:

Bike: 130 miles
Run: 12 miles
Swim: 3,200 yrds ??? not sure since I swam about 1/2 mile in the gulf
Weights 1 x
Pilates none

Goals for this weak:

1. Eat more healthy foods and staying on my nutrition plan... 4,100 calories
2. Drink more fluids..I feel a little dehydrated....1 gal of water per day!
3. Stay with my training plan... Increase Saturdays run to 12 to 15 miles.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From one geezer to another.

I followed a link on Beginner Triathlete to this blog. I too am a 50 plus guy who swims and bikes and runs but I'm not a triathlete. Way to go.

TW

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! evista muscle Allegra 180 swollen eyes Tax bookkeeping services delray beach Search engine rank optimization hidalgo Clinical+data+levitra bag bookcases Australia leather chairs stool Bowling green ohio real estate 1986 toyota mr2 parts construction management training washington Spanish college classes